Data-Intensive Applications at Scale: What’s on the Agenda for Scylla Summit
By Cynthia Dunlop
The agenda for Scylla Summit 2022 is now available. We’re excited to announce 25+ sessions that offer a highly-interactive opportunity to:
- Discover the latest distributed database advancements
- Hear how your peers are solving their toughest database challenges
- Learn what’s new with ScyllaDB
- Explore the latest trends across event streaming, wide column and graph databases, and the broader data ecosystem
Scylla Summit will be streaming live February 9 and 10, and registration is free. Join thousands of your peers for a technical exploration of the latest innovations and best practices for data-intensive applications at scale.
Day 1: Database Innovations for this Next Tech Cycle: Rust, Raft, Migrations + More
Hear ScyllaDB CEO Dor Laor’s insights on “this next tech cycle,” then spend the day exploring how database innovations are leading the way. We’ll cover Rust, consensus protocols, migration strategies + more.
What to expect:
- How ScyllaDB Powers This Next Tech Cycle — Dor Laor, ScyllaDB
- What You Need to Know About ScyllaDB 5.0 — Avi Kivity, ScyllaDB
- New AWS Instances Perfect for ScyllaDB — Ken Krupa, AWS + Tzach Livyatan, ScyllaDB
- Rakuten’s Catalog Platform Migration from Cassandra to ScyllaDB — Hitesh Shah, Rakuten
- Making Schema Changes Safe with Raft — Kostja Osipov, ScyllaDB
- The Future of Consensus in ScyllaDB 5.0 and Beyond — Tomasz Grabiec, ScyllaDB
- Scalable and Sustainable Supply Chains with Distributed Ledger Technologies and ScyllaDB — José Manuel Cantera, IOTA Foundation
- How to Migrate a Cassandra Counter Table for 68 Billion Records — Robert Czupioł, Happn
- Migrating SQL Schemas for ScyllaDB: Data Modeling Best Practices — Pascal Desmarets, Hackolade
- Learning Rust the Hard Way for a Production Kafka + ScyllaDB Pipeline — Alexys Jacob, Numberly
- ScyllaDB Rust Driver: One Driver to Rule Them All — Piotr Sarna, ScyllaDB
- ScyllaDB Embraces Wasm — Piotr Sarna, ScyllaDB
- Master Data Management Off-Boarding Process Powered by ScyllaDB — Pankaj Gajjar, Contentserv
- ScyllaDB 5.0 New Features, Part 1 — ScyllaDB Engineering Team
Day 2: What’s Next for Your Data Ecosystem
The convergence of hardware and software. Event streaming trends, technologies, and best practices. Multi-cloud, Anthos, and K8s. Day 2 is all about exploring what’s next for your data ecosystem.
What to expect:
- Multi-cloud State for Kubernetes: Anthos and ScyllaDB — Miles Ward + Jenn Viau, SADA
- What’s New in Scylla Operator for Kubernetes — Maciej Zimnoch + Tomas Nozicka, ScyllaDB
- Keynote — Bryan Cantrill, Oxide Computer Company
- Operating at Monstrous New Scales: Benchmarking Petabyte Workloads on ScyllaDB — Benny Halevy, ScyllaDB
- Powering NXCR’s Event Streaming System with ScyllaDB — Robert McIntosh, NextCar Holdings [NXCR]
- Reinventing Customer Data Management on the Cloud for Modern Telecommunication Providers — Hili Shtein, Amdocs
- Building Zeotap’s Privacy Compliant Customer Data Platform (CDP) with ScyllaDB — Shubham Patil + Safal Pandita, Zeotap
- Redpanda: Building The Fastest Queue in the West with Seastar — John Spray, Redpanda Data
- FLiP Into Apache Pulsar Apps with ScyllaDB — Timothy Spann, StreamNative
- Stream Processing with ScyllaDB — No Message Queue Involved! — Daniel Belenky, Palo Alto Networks
- An Odyssey to ScyllaDB and Apache Kafka — Will LaForest, Confluent
- ScyllaDB 5.0 New Features, Part 2 — ScyllaDB Engineering Team
This isn’t your typical virtual conference that inflicts death by PowerPoint. It’s highly interactive, including:
- The ability to engage with speakers during their sessions.
- Opportunities for 1:1 discussions with our engineers on topics introduced in the sessions
- Dynamic discussions with — and even among — speakers in the Speakers Lounge, hosted by Peter Corless (ScyllaDB Director of Technical Advocacy)
There will also be contests, chances to connect with your peers from around the world, the announcement of this year’s ScyllaDB Innovation Award winners, and more.
Speaking of Peter Corless, here are a few reasons why Peter is so excited about this year’s agenda.
“Scylla Summit 2022 will offer awesome sessions for practitioners of every level of experience, and for data teams tackling every scale of problem. One customer use case you don’t want to miss is Hili Shtein from Amdocs. I won’t steal Hili’s thunder, but once you view his session, you’ll see why Amdocs is such a trusted partner to the world’s leading communications and media companies.
We also have a broad showing of ecosystem partners, from the very latest AWS EC2 instances perfect for running ScyllaDB, a demo of how to do multi-cloud deployments of ScyllaDB from SADA, and different takes of how to integrate ScyllaDB into event streaming architectures whether you use Confluent Kafka, StreamNative’s Pulsar, or Vectorized’s RedPanda.
You will also get a glimpse into the current state of ScyllaDB software engineering, discover our latest features and capabilities, plus get a glimmer of what’s to come over 2022 from our own executives and industry-leading developers.
Finally, if you’re a developer, you won’t want to miss Numberly’s talk on learning to use Rust ‘the hard way,’ plus then Piotr Sarna’s talk on the work going into our new shard-aware Rust driver, and how we’re planning to make your jobs easier and your throughputs even better in the days ahead.”
Join Us Live, February 9–10
To recap… whether you’re working with data from the engineer, developer, database architect, or DBA perspective, here are a few reasons to put the live event on your calendar:
- See what’s new with ScyllaDB: Explore the latest features, hear what’s next on our roadmap, and learn proven ScyllaDB success strategies.
- Get inspired by your peers: Learn about mission-critical ScyllaDB deployments from the ScyllaDB community. Users will share Cybersecurity, AdTech, FinTech, AI, IoT, and many more real-time use cases.
- Evolve your data ecosystem: Learn best practices for optimizing your data ecosystem: Kafka, Spark, AI/ML pipelines, JanusGraph, Elastic, and more.
- Thrive in this next tech cycle: The world is undergoing a massive shift to cloud-native, blink-of-an-eye response, petabyte-scale application. Learn what’s critical for driving change and staying ahead.
Register now and unlock access to pre-show prizes and giveaways. We hope to see you in February. Attending live is the only way to access all of the content, including Q +A and all the great conversations in the Speakers Lounge.