Submit Today for the 2020 Scylla User Awards!
by Bob Dever
We love to see the amazing things our users are doing with Scylla. Our Scylla User Awards will honor accomplishments and contributions across ten categories this year.
What stands out about your use case? Doing something impressive with Scylla Cloud? Using Scylla as a back-end to a huge graph database? Did you overcome limitations with your previous database? Perhaps you’re using Scylla and Kubernetes?
Submit your entry and you’ll get something for yourself and something to help others! Your valid nomination will get you a limited-edition Scylla hoodie in your size, plus you get to pick a charitable organization that we’ll donate to. Winners will be announced January 12th at our Scylla Summit.
Nominations will be accepted until December 4, 2020.
2020 Scylla User Award Categories
- Most Innovative Use of Scylla: Got a use case that pushes the bounds of what’s possible? What ground-breaking Big Data driven app did you create? What sets it apart from the others? Tell us everything you can about your system and how you’re using Scylla.
- Greatest Node Reduction with Scylla: Did you significantly reduce the number of database nodes you need when you migrated to Scylla? Details please! Tell us the numbers, what you migrated from and all about your migration.
- Best Scylla Cloud Use Case: Tell us how you’re using Scylla Cloud. Why did you choose our DBaaS and how has your experience been? What benefits did your team get back by going with a managed NoSQL solution? Most interesting use case will win in this category.
- Best Real-Time Use Case: Are you pushing the envelope of real-time? How low are your latencies? Do you have stringent SLAs you have to meet? What’s your rate of ingestion and throughput? How big of a firehose are you streaming data from? Tell us all about your real-time use case to nominate yourself in this category.
- Best Example of Overcoming NoSQL Limits: If you migrated to Scylla from another NoSQL database, there was certainly a reason to do so. What limitations were holding you back with your previous NoSQL database? Node size? Throughput? Latency issues? Expense? Tell us all about how you got past those limits by moving to Scylla.
- Best Use of Scylla’s DynamoDB-compatible API: Our Alternator project makes Scylla a drop-in replacement for DynamoDB. Tell us how you used Scylla with our DynamoDB API to either replace or extend your use of Amazon DynamoDB. How was the migration? What benefits did you get from it?
- Best Use of Scylla with Kubernetes: Using Scylla and Kubernetes? Are you using the Scylla Kubernetes Operator or did you implement your own? How has utilizing Kubernetes impacted your DevOps? Tell us all about it, including as many details as you can.
- Best Use of Scylla with a Graph Database: Scylla is an excellent back-end to a graph database such as JanusGraph. Do you dream vividly about Gremlin and TinkerPop? Do you chew GraphQL for breakfast? Tell us about your use of Scylla and a graph database. How big is your graph in terms of edges, vertices, and raw terabytes. Give us the numbers, the results and why you chose Scylla in the first place.
- Scylla Community Member of the Year: How did you contribute to the Scylla project or help the Scylla community? Tell us how active you are on our Slack channel, how many bugs you opened on GitHub, the meetups you’ve hosted, the blogs you’ve written, the open source code you’ve committed, or whatever else you believe helped foster our community to enter for this category.
- Scylla Humanitarian of the Year Award: Is your company making the world a better place? Whether your company is for-profit or non-profit, tell us how you’re helping the common good with your Scylla-backed systems.
You can nominate yourself in as many categories as you like. We look forward to seeing all the great things you’re doing with Scylla!